Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki

I have never had Greek food before so when I saw this recipe for Chicken Gyros I thought I would give it a try and I am SOOOO glad I did. I also made the homemade pitas rather than using store bought. And, instead of using the tzatziki recipe on the same website I made it the way my friend, Monika showed me.
Tzatziki
1/2 large cucumber or 1 whole small cucumber, peeled & grated into bowl
cover with 1 tsp. of salt (helps suck moisture out)
add 1 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 garlic clove minced or pressed
put in fridge at least 1/2 hour before serving
YUM!

It was so nice outside we had to eat al fresco!

and my kids LOVED it!

look at Kai chomp it up!

Kali brought out some blueberries & carrots to jazz hers up a bit.

No comments: