Friday, November 14, 2008

Girl's Camp Sausage


1 Polska Kielbasa, cut into bite size pieces
4 Med. Potatoes, diced (I use red or golden)
1/2 sweet onion, diced
1/2 bag of carrots (the little dipping kind)
salt & pepper

add all ingredients in a glass casserole dish with lid....cook 400* for 40 minutes or until carrots & potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.


---> Why is this called Girl's Camp Sausage you may be asking.......well here is the story. (This may only be interesting to Amy, Sonnet, Kambria and Mimi) At GC one year they gave us a fire pit, dutch oven, and the ingredients listed above and told us to make a meal. Well.......after a few hours of trying to get this cluster into an edible dish we used our secret weapon....LaDonna Coplan, (she knows everything and can do anything...this woman is a friend you WANT to have) and she lit our fire and got our food going.....we had a wonderful meal followed by some yummy brownies we also made in the dutch oven while the other cabins and addies were still cooking well into the night. So really I should call this LaDonna saves the day sausage. OH and I know its kielbasa but I always call it sausage :)

2 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

I had forgotten all about that!! Thank goodness for LaDonna! I remember feeling sorry for the other cabins and addies that were slaving away way into the night... well, kinda! ;) Might have to make this sometime!

Laura said...

This meal was so simple yet so absolutely delicious, this may become a favorite! And I haven't cooked with sausage, wait, I'm sorry, "sausage" in years! I forgot how much I liked it! The kids loved it too! Thanks again for yet another delicious recipe!

P.S. In case you're wondering, yes, this is Fawn recipe week =) I always see all your recipes and just figures I would take this week to try some of them =) I am into themes or meals from the same cookbooks. It's how I make my way through the mountains of ckbks that I own.